There are many ways to get involved with Girls on the Run Sonoma County. Our volunteers are a dynamic group of men and women committed to empowering girls to become healthy and happy young women.
Whether you have just a couple of hours in a year, a quarter, a month to help our cause, we would love to hear from you!
Please contact Catrina Dierke with questions.
Special thanks to all GOTR Sonoma County volunteers. We can not operate our program without you!!
Would you like to make a BIG difference and lead girls in a fun, empowering program? If you would like to mentor a small team of girls, we'd love to hear from you!
Our Girls on the Run coaches are a dynamic group of enthusiastic, passionate women, including: mothers (or girls and boys), non-mothers, athletes, runners and non-runners, teachers, administrators, community members, and any kind-hearted, positive and encouraging woman who is willing to share three hours of her week with a small team of girls. You don't have to be a "runner" to be a coach!
To apply as a Coach, CLICK HERE.
If you don't have the time to coach but want to help Girls on the Run, join us at our finale 5K where you will be teamed with a young girl. As a Running Buddy, you have the opportunity to positively encourage and to be a mentor to girls running (or walking) the event, and at the end, help celebrate their accomplishment of completing a 5K! Head Coaches assign Running Buddies as needed.
To apply as a Girls on the Run (3rd - 5th grade) Running Buddy,
contact the Head Coach directly.
To apply as a Girls on Track (6th - 8th grade) Running Buddy,
contact the Head Coach directly.
5K Volunteer: More »
Our council is brought to life by eight planning committees.
To contact a committee Chair, CLICK HERE.
Audit Committee - ensures corporate and accounting compliance
Events Committee - provides event logistics
- manages 5K logistics
- provides set-up/take-down at every event
- provides people to staff, manage & assist the event
Finance Committee - provides fiduciary control
- develops fiscal budget
- provides monthly reports & fiscal recommendations
- oversees annual tax preparation
Nomination Committee - recruits council volunteers
- seeks out opportunities to connect with community
- develops public relations strategies
- determines, nurtures & secures council volunteers
Philanthropy Committee - generates program funding
- develops and executes the Fundraising Plan
- nurtures sponsors, partners & affiliates
Programs Committee - delivers quality programs
- approves sites & coaches
- coordinates team supplies
Scholarship Committee - provides scholarship funding
- develops & manages scholarship policy
- reviews qualified candidates
- tracks scholarship data & prepares reports
Volunteer Committee - retains volunteers
- develops volunteer recognition & retention plan
- identifies & prepares volunteer appreciation favors & leadership awards
If you'd like to get involved on the committee level, please contact Catrina Dierke.
Board of Directors:
Our board members actively implement the strategic vision of Girls on the Run Sonoma County.
If you're interested in serving on our board, please review the Board Member Prospect Packet. If you'd like to get involved on the board level, please contact Catrina Dierke.
We look forward to hearing from you!